- A Fayette County Man Was One Of Two People Killed In A Two-Vehicle Wreck Monday
- Man Arrested For Obstruction Of Emergency Communications
- Iowa Woman Arrested On Sex Charges
- West Des Moines Woman Free On Bond After Being Accused Of Drunk Driving With Three Kids In Car
- Reynolds, Lawmakers In Talks To Combat Federal Vaccine Mandates
The Iowa State Patrol responded to two fatal accidents on Interstate 80 near DeSoto Sunday.
The Iowa State Patrol responded to a call at approximately 1:15 p.m. for a westbound Chevrolet Corvette that lost control and entered the median hitting the cable guard rail. The vehicle ended up on the eastbound lanes of Interstate 80 near mile marker 109 near DeSoto.
The driver of the Corvette was pronounced dead and the passenger sustained serious injuries. The Iowa State Patrol believes speed could be a factor but the crash remains under investigation.
The Iowa State Patrol then responded to an accident at approximately 3:30 p.m. near mile marker 115 on Interstate 80 near DeSoto where a semi tractor trailer was stopped traveling westbound due to the first accident and was rear ended by a minivan with one known occupant who was pronounced dead. The crash is still under investigation.