- A Fayette County Man Was One Of Two People Killed In A Two-Vehicle Wreck Monday
- Man Arrested For Obstruction Of Emergency Communications
- Iowa Woman Arrested On Sex Charges
- West Des Moines Woman Free On Bond After Being Accused Of Drunk Driving With Three Kids In Car
- Reynolds, Lawmakers In Talks To Combat Federal Vaccine Mandates
- Police say drugs played a role
- Child had meth in her system
- Court appearance on Oct 20th
DES MOINES, IOWA – An Iowa woman faces criminal charges after a baby girl who had been in her care died and was found to have illicit drugs in her system.
Des Moines police arrested Nicole Ghee, 40, on suspicion of child endangerment and drug possession in the April death of a 2-month-old girl.
Investigators said an autopsy showed the baby had methamphetamine in her system. Ghee is scheduled to appear in court on the charges on Oct. 20.