- A Fayette County Man Was One Of Two People Killed In A Two-Vehicle Wreck Monday
- Man Arrested For Obstruction Of Emergency Communications
- Iowa Woman Arrested On Sex Charges
- West Des Moines Woman Free On Bond After Being Accused Of Drunk Driving With Three Kids In Car
- Reynolds, Lawmakers In Talks To Combat Federal Vaccine Mandates
DES MOINES, IOWA – The Des Moines Police Department says a woman was randomly kidnapped and robbed by a man with a knife.
It happened Sunday night. Police say 42-year-old Eddie Ramos held the woman at knifepoint and forced her to drive to the QuikTrip on Army Post Road.
Court documents show that Ramos ordered her to withdraw more than $200 from an ATM and give it to him. He then forced her to drive to a vacant lot on Dickman Road, where court documents show, he planned to sexually assault her.
The victim got away and ran to officers for help.
Ramos is charged with kidnapping, burglary and drug possession.
He is being held on $500,000 bond.