- Omaha Woman Identified Nine Days After Being Shot In Des Moines
- A Fayette County Man Was One Of Two People Killed In A Two-Vehicle Wreck Monday
- Man Arrested For Obstruction Of Emergency Communications
- Iowa Woman Arrested On Sex Charges
- West Des Moines Woman Free On Bond After Being Accused Of Drunk Driving With Three Kids In Car
FAYETTE COUNTY, IOWA – A Fayette County man was one of two people killed in a two-vehicle wreck Monday afternoon about seven miles south of Oelwein. The Iowa State Patrol says the crash occurred just before 3 p.m. along Highway 150 near the intersection of 140th Street south of Hazleton in Buchanan County.
A Mercury Marquis driven by 40-year-old Nicholas Johnson of Oelwein was southbound on 150 when he crossed the center line and collided head-on with the northbound Toyota Sienna driven by 70-year-old John Friend of Davenport. A Chevy Tahoe driven by 33-year-old Rose Recker of Arlington was following Friend’s vehicle and was struck by debris from the collision.